A grant is available to students whose family or personal income is too low. Grants are awarded based on the amount of funds at the student or student’s family disposal and the tuition fees.
The Ile-de-France Regional Council has been in charge of awarding and funding initial grants in the healthcare and social sectors since January 2005.
Grants are required at the start of each new term including for students who received a grant the previous year.
Request forms must be completed solely on the fss.iledefrance.fr website.
Evidence related to the grant request must be provided to the training centre during the enrolment period.
Rules and regulations
Rules and regulations are detailed in provisions listed by different regulatory texts namely those dealing with how the paramedical training centres function.
A copy of the rules and regulations is provided to each student upon enrolling at the college.
Students aged under 28 must register on the student Social Security system provided by a specialist organisation which involves choosing an organisation upon enrolling at Ecole d’Assas: this organisation is in charge of refunding medical treatments and fees (student Social Security services are the same as the regular system).
Social Security contribution fees are detailed every year by ministerial decree.
Your age, parents’ professions and your personal situation determine your student Social Security status (free, payable, compulsory or optional registration).
|Profession of the parent you depend on for your Social Security||16-19 y.o.||20-21 y.o.||21-28 y.o.|
|Salaried and employed (farmers, civil servants, local council workers, approved medical practitioners and carers, artists/performers)||Free and compulsory student Social Security||Payable and compulsory student Social Security||Payable and compulsory student Social Security|
|Non-salaried workers (artisans, traders, self-employed) and special regimes (EDF-GDF, RATP, mines, soldiers, solicitor clerks and employees, Paris Chamber of Commerce)||Covered by parents’ Social Security||Payable and compulsory student Social Security||Payable and compulsory student Social Security|
|Other special regimes (Merchant Navy, Bordeaux Port, Bank of France, French Opera, Comédie Française, international civil servant).||Covered by parents’ Social Security||Covered by parents’ Social Security||Payable and compulsory student Social Security|
|SNCF worker||Covered by parents’ Social Security||Covered by parents’ Social Security||Covered by parents’ Social Security|
- You receive a grant: registration is compulsory and free upon presentation of grant award confirmation.
- You are salaried: no registration required if you have regular work throughout the academic year, over 60 hours per month or over 120 hours per trimester.
Student Social Security and Health Insurance are two separate services provided by student insurance organisations.
Health insurance is not compulsory but can provide better refunds than compulsory social security.
The following must be provided to the school by the first day of term at the latest:
- A medical certificate from an authorised doctor stating that the student does not present any physical or mental issues which may prevent them from working in their future profession
- A vaccination record in accordance with current regulations stating immunisation terms for health professionals in France. The immunisation terms are detailed in the Public Health Code (articles L3111-1 etc. and articles R3112-1 etc.) and in instructions published in the Bulletin Epidémiologique Hebdomadaire.
Click here to download the list of authorised doctors based in Paris.
Estudines, Résidences for Students and interns
Ecole d’Assas has a partnership with ESTUDINES. International students can contact Ms Sandra AZEVEDO and ask for the availability of studen’s appartments : email@example.com
If you wish to book online:
– choose your residence: www.estudines.com
– Phone number: +33 9 69 39 22 00 (free of charge).
Studefi, student accomodation
Students can contact Ms Agnès NAVETAT : Agnes.NAVETAT@efidis.fr
Please mention in both cases that you come from Ecole d’Assas