Since September 2015 and in accordance with legal requirements, the admission rules at the Assas Physiotherapy College have changed.
Physiotherapy schools need to sign an agreement with different Sciences or Health Universities and admit students having completed 60 ECTS.
Students who have completed a year of PACES, the first year of a STAPS (Physical and Sports Sciences and Techniques) or Science degree at universities in partnership with IFMK Assas can join the foundation year for a physiotherapy state qualification.
To date, IFMK Assas has an agreement with the following universities:
PACES branch (foundation year in health studies)
Université de Versailles Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines: 25 places (students join our school located in Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines, also called “Assas SQY”).
Université de Paris Descartes: 20 places.
Université de Paris Créteil: 15 places.
University de Paris-Orsay: 15 places.
Sciences and Techniques in Sports and Physical Activities (STAPS)
Université d’Evry: 10 places
Université Paris Descartes: 10 places
Université de Paris Orsay: 5 places
Biology (foundation year in Biology studies)
Université de Cergy-Pontoise: 10 places
Université Paris Descartes: 5 places
Université de Versailles Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines: 5 places (students join our school located in Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines, also called “Assas SQY”).
PACES, STAPS and Biology students must contact their respective secretariat regarding selection terms.
Please note: 116 students (all forms of entrance) joined the first year in physiotherapy at Ecole d’Assas in 2015-2016 (both the Paris and Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines centres).
Exemptions stated in official documents
Partial exemptions for the course may apply to certain candidates such as:
1. Exemptions for top athletes
View official documents regarding exam exemption for top athletes.
Order dated September 2nd 2015 regarding the physiotherapy state qualification.
2. Exemptions for graduates with state qualifications
(Article 25, Order dated September 2nd 2015)
Graduates with state qualifications may be exempt from taking and passing some of the modules in courses 1 and 2 by the training centre director upon advice from the credit award body and the teaching committee and comparison between the completed course and the modules in the physiotherapy state qualification programme.
This applies to graduates with the following qualifications:
- State nurse qualification
- State podiatrist qualification
- State occupational therapist qualification
- State psychometrician qualification
- State radiographer qualification and senior medical imaging and radiography technician qualification
- Orthoptist certificate
- General medical sciences qualification
- General midwifery qualification
- General dental sciences qualification
- General pharmaceutical sciences qualification
3. Students with a degree in science, technology and health and students with a science degree including STAPS (physical and sports sciences and techniques)
4. Candidates with a qualification equal to a Master’s
Candidates in this category must take all modules in courses 1 and 2 except for the modules they have been exempt from.
These candidates must provide the following to the training centre of their choice:
- Copies of certificates and qualifications
- Medical certificate stating that the student does not present any physical or mental issues which may prevent them from working in their future profession
- Cover letter
(Articles 27, 28 and 29 in the Order dated September 2nd 2015)
Graduates with a physiotherapy qualification or degree or another qualification or degree enabling them to work as physiotherapists from a country other than an EU member state or another state with a European Economic Area agreement or the Principality of Andorra or the Swiss Confederation may be partially exempt from training on the state physiotherapy course as long as they pass the entrance exams.
For further information about registering for exams, please email: email@example.com