OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY AND THE DIPLÔME D’ÉTAT
(EQUIVALENT OF A STATE DIPLOMA)
The program is designed in accordance with the Decree of July 5, 2010 on the Diplôme d’État d’ergothérapeute (equivalent of a state diploma in occupational therapy). The training program meets the standards of the World Federation of Occupational Therapists (WFOT) and the European Network of Occupational Therapy in Higher Education (ENOTHE) that recommend at least 1000 hours of practical training.The program comprises:
- A comprehensible course registered with the National Register of Professional Certifications (Répertoire national des certifications professionnelles);
- A course constructed in conjunction with the university degree – License, Master, Doctorat (Bachelor, Master, Doctorate).
The Diplôme d’État meets the current standards of the various professional skills frameworks with the defined criteria and evaluation procedures, and includes 180 ECTS and the ‘License’ (Bachelor’s degree) upon completion of the program.
GENERAL ORGANISATION OF THE COURSEWORK
The curriculum includes:
- Humanities, Social Sciences and Law: 7 modules (UE)
- Medical Sciences: 7 modules (UE)
- Occupational therapy – Methods, Techniques and Tools: 12 modules (UE)
- Working methods: 7 modules (UE)
- Integration of the knowledge and professionalism of the occupational therapist: 5 modules (UE)
The program consists of 39 UE and 5 integration units spread over 6 semesters.
Progression in the acquisition of skills is documented in the internship portfolio.
- A total of 3,888 hours spread over three years, including:
- 794 hours of lectures
- 206 hours of seminars
- 36 weeks of internship
- 1800 hours of practicals
1 semester is equal to 20 weeks of the course, i.e., 30 ECTS.
1 year is equal to 60 ECTS.
3 years are equal to 6 semesters, i.e., 180 ECTS.
1 week (35 hours) is equal to 1 ECTS.
Click below to view the OT’s training programme. The training is exclusively provided in French.
In addition to the courses provided in the curriculum, IFE Assas offers courses in English taught by highly qualified European and international teachers.